Hot Air Balloon Flights Over San Gimignano
The Medieval skyline of San Gimignano is a breathtaking sight from the ground and even more so when viewed from a balloon basket on one of our balloon flights. Our balloon rides from San Gimignano take off less than a kilometre from the centre of the town and ensure a wonderful view of the towers and buildings that create one of the most evocative views of the fortified Tuscan hill towns.
After the balloon take off the majesty of the medieval towers and its unique architecture will soon appear with all its beauty. Some call it the “Manhattan of the Chianti region”. But you will not only see the town of San Gimignano, all the typical Tuscan countryside will be there to be admired: the vineyards that produce excellent Vernaccia di San Gimignano alternating with olive trees and in the distance the Apennine Mountains with their tops covered by the white Carrara marble from where Michelangelo took the material for his works.
Once landed, we will have breakfast together in the middle of the Chianti countryside with typical Tuscan products (included in the price!).
What to do to fly with our hot air balloon over San Gimignano
Flying over San Gimignano with us is very easy.
- Book the flight filling the form below or buy a gift voucher online.
- Choose if you want a ride only for you or your group, or if you want to book one or more seats in a prearranged flight.
- Contact us by telephone on +39 0558077940 or by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org for any information you need and to define the hour of meeting the day of the flight.
- Meet us at the meeting point the morning of the ride and let’s start it! If you want you can be driven to the site by taxi or a private driver at an extra cost.
Some pictures taken during our flights over San Gimignano
Book your balloon ride over San Gimignano
Read Before you book a flight
- If the Pilot has to cancel due to wind and/or weather or technical reasons, your flight will be rescheduled to the next mutually convenient day.
- If you cancel within one week, a cancellation charge of 25% of the total will be required-Your booking will be confirmed by submitting a credit card number as guarantee.
- As safety is our highest priority, pregnant women and/or persons who have a medical condition which could be aggravated in the event of a hard landing, will not be able to fly.
- You can pay by credit card or cash after flight.
- If, at your scheduled time to fly, you are no-call, no-show, your credit card will charged in full.
A few tips you need to know to enjoy your hot-air balloon flight:
- Do ensure you are fit to fly, for example you would not be able to fly with heart problems, back problems, if you were pregnant etc. Please check with your Doctor & flight operator if you are uncertain if you should fly in a balloon
- Children are allowed to fly over 7 years of age, or with parents written release of liability
- Do wear layers of clothes it is often quite cool in the early mornings in the Tuscan countryside
- Do wear flat and comfortable shoes (waterproof shoes are best as grass is often damp in the early mornings) and we may land in the middle of a huge field..
- The Pilot is in charge of the aircraft, please follow his instructions and do listen to the passenger briefing which includes safety information and your landing position requirements
- Do make sure you are on time – the balloon cannot wait for you!
- Do telephone the balloon passenger’s hot line (+39) 0550982059
or mobile (+39) 335 6233934 to get up to date information prior to your flight
- Passengers must telephone us the evening before the flight for final confirmation
- Do remember that about 80% of all balloon flights end up with the basket lying on it’s side – this is perfectly normal
- Do take a camera
- Do remember that ballooning is proven to be the safest form of aviation and…
Have a great flight!