Our hot air balloon rides from Tavarnelle Val di Pesa, in the Chianti region of Tuscany, Italy. We start in the early morning due to the ideal stable air conditions found at that time.
Thanks to the strategic position of our launch site, you will be able to admire old Tuscan castles and renaissance villas, enjoy aerial views of the old towns of Poggibonsi, Senese San Gimignano, Col Val D’Elsa and be amazed by the typical Chianti hills, vineyards and woods .
On a clear day if we fly high enough you may see the Tirrenean/Mediterranean sea reflecting the morning sun in the distance.
Passengers can drive to our regular balloon flights take off site in Tavarnelle Val di Pesa, or they can be driven to the site by taxi or with a private driver that we can organize for you at an extra cost.
What to do to fly with our hot air balloon over Chianti
Flying over Chianti with us is very easy.
- Book the flight filling the form below or buy a gift voucher online.
- Choose if you want a ride only for you or your group, or if you want to book one or more seats in a prearranged flight.
- Contact us
by telephone on +39 0558077940
or by e-mail at: email@example.com for any information you need and to define the hour of meeting the day of the flight.
- Meet us at the meeting point the morning of the ride and let’s start it!
Some pictures of Chianti’s Balloon rides
Book your balloon ride over Chianti
Read Before you book a flight
- If the Pilot has to cancel due to wind and/or weather or technical reasons, your flight will be rescheduled to the next mutually convenient day. No flight, no charge.
- If you cancel within one week, a cancellation charge of 25% of the total will be required-Your booking will be confirmed by submitting a credit card number as guarantee.
- As safety is our highest priority, pregnant women and/or persons who have a medical condition which could be aggravated in the event of a hard landing, will not be able to fly.
- You can pay by credit card or cash after flight.
- If, at your scheduled time to fly, you are no-call, no-show, your credit card will charged in full.
A few tips you need to know to enjoy your hot-air balloon flight:
- Do ensure you are fit to fly, for example you would not be able to fly with heart problems, back problems, if you are pregnant etc. Please check with your Doctor & flight operator if you are uncertain if you should fly in a balloon
- Children are allowed to fly over 7 years of age, or with parents written release of liability
- Do wear layers of clothes it is often quite cool in the early mornings in the Tuscan countryside
- Do wear flat and comfortable shoes (waterproof shoes are best as grass is often damp in the early mornings) and we may land in the middle of a huge field..
- The Pilot is in charge of the aircraft, please follow his instructions and do listen to the passenger briefing which includes safety information and your landing position requirements
- Do make sure you are on time – the balloon cannot wait for you!
- Do telephone the balloon passenger’s hot line (+39) 0550982059
or mobile (+39) 335 6233934 to get up to date information prior to your flight
- Passengers must telephone us the evening before the flight for final confirmation
- Do remember that about 80% of all balloon flights end up with the basket lying on it’s side – this is perfectly normal
- Do take a camera
- Do remember that ballooning is proven to be the safest form of aviation and…
Have a great flight!
Book your flight